UNC Asheville, Director of Basketball Operations/Video Coordinator July 2014 to present
- Film breakdown and scouting of opponents through Synergy and Fast Draw
- Coordinated all aspects of team travel and assisted with equipment
- Coordinated alumni outreach and other logistics for home events
- Coordinates all aspects of team film needs via Synergy
- Assisted with recruiting efforts including mail outs, ARMS management, and on campus visits
- Enhanced social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and WordPress blog)
- Designed and created multiple videos for team motivation and recruiting purposes
Apprentice School, USCAA D1 Associate Head Coach/Interim Head Coach 2008-2014
- 56-26 as Offensive Coordinator for 3 seasons (101-58 in 6 seasons overall)
- Top three finishes all time in points, made FGs, FTs, assists, and FG% among others
- Finished nationally ranked in the top 10 in 4 seasons; 3 top 5 finishes
- Recruiting, evaluation and on-campus visit planning and coordination
- Recruited and coached 10 USCAA All-Americans and first player to participate in the NC All Star game
- Post player and perimeter player development
- Successfully retained 100% of student athletes in 4 of 6 years
- Created full schedule of opponents for 4 seasons
- Other coaching duties included scouting of opponents, film exchange, equipment coordination, travel coordination, practice planning, game planning, and camp director
- Other responsibilities listed below in OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE
Hoops College, President 2009 to present http://www.hoopscollege.com/blog
- Author of internationally read blog over 40,000 views in 50 countries since November 2012
- Conducted multiple youth camps with high levels of enthusiasm and teaching
Coker College, Assistant Coach 2007 to 2008
- Led individual preseason skill development and strength and conditioning workouts
- Heavily involved in all practice, game planning and execution
- Other duties included recruiting, academic progress tracking, scouting of opponents, film exchange, equipment coordination, and travel coordination
UNC Women’s Club Basketball, Head Coach 2001 to 2004
- 55-15 in 4 seasons
- Doubled amount of participation in the club
AAU and Youth League, Head Coach 2004 to 2007
- University of Phoenix Master’s in Adult Education
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Bachelor’s in Mathematics
- WBCA member Presenter at 2012 WBCA National Convention
- CPR and AED certified
UNC Chapel Hill (11 years), Notre Dame (3 years), Texas A&M (2 years), Duke (1 year), Purdue (1 year), Maryland (1 year), Texas (1 year), Christopher Newport University (1 year)
Best Buy Sales Consultant 2014-present
- Top sales associate in two different locations; in the top 1% of sales associates in the nation
Apprentice School, Academic Liaison 2013-2014
- Served administrative duty as academic liaison
- Generated and distributed weekly sport specific academic reports for each program
- Communicated probationary status of athletes to coaches as necessary
- Other duties as assigned by Athletic Director
Apprentice School, IT Coordinator 2011-2014
- Designed, installed, and supported new wireless network in athletic facility.
- Installed, configured and supported file servers to support athletic department needs.
- Designed, installed, and supported laptop configuration on department laptops to support IT functions.
- Primary contact for support for athletic department on all IT questions.
- Configured and supported shared printers for the athletic department’s wireless network.
Apprentice School, Adjunct Faculty 2008
- Taught Introductory and 2ndterm math courses as adjunct faculty member
- Received positive reviews on all end of term course reviews
Apprentice School, Tutor 2008-2014
- Successfully tutored students in all math and physics related courses at the Apprentice School
- Courses ranged from Algebra to Calculus
NC State University, Classroom Technology Coordinator 2003-2007
- Founded the unit as its only employee and guided it to one of the mission critical units at the University as well as regional and national prominence.
- Spearheaded campus wide classroom technology initiatives from conception through completion.
- Management of budget and 11 FTE (5 full time employees) for the day-to-day support and maintenance of 85 multimedia classrooms.
- Responsible for short term and long term planning for ongoing support of these and future classrooms.
- Simultaneous management of multiple project budgets each in excess of $150,000.
- Management of budgets totaling over $1,000,000.
- Coordination with other campus departments for the facilitation of successful implementation and support of technology.
UNC-Chapel Hill, Classroom Technology Project Manager 1998-2003
- Began as part time student employee with minimal applicable knowledge
- Offered full time job upon graduation
- Learned and executed full scope of classroom technology implementation and support
|Soft skills||Technical Skills|
|Mentoring Student Athletes||Game Breaker|
|Project Management||Fast Draw|
|Positive Work Ethic||Mac OSX|
|Self Directed||Multiple word processing softwares|
|Willingness to Learn||Multiple spreadsheet softwares|
|Ability to Work with Others||Multiple presentation softwares|
|Ability to follow rules and regulations||HTML|
|Critical Thinking Skills||Video conversion and editing|
|Staff Development||Social Media (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)|